Adding a New Network to MetaMask - Blast Custom RPC
A step-by-step tutorial on how to add a network to MetaMask using a custom RPC endpoint and the Blast platform.
- MetaMask browser extension installed
- Blast account already created
- Project already created:
Once you have all the prerequisites prepared, you just need to follow the steps described below to add a custom RPC endpoint to your MetaMask.
- 1.Open the Blast dashboard, go to an already created project, and choose a chain. For this tutorial, we have chosen to use the Polygon Mainnet endpoint.
2. Grab the RPC endpoint URL and copy it to the clipboard.
3. Now go to your MetaMask wallet, click on the network dropdown menu at the top, and select the Add network option at the bottom.
4. Once you are in this section, fill in the fields with your network of choice’s information. Choose your desired network name - anything to remind you which chain you're connecting to. For the New RPC URL field, paste the previously copied endpoint URL and fill in the matching id and currency values.
5. When you're done, your configuration should look something like this:
6. Once you have saved your configuration, the newly added network will be displayed at the top.